DORA Compliance Made Clear Essential Training for Safeguarding Financial Institutions w Paul Dwyer
Welcome to Razorwire, the podcast that cuts through the noise and delivers the sharpest insights in the industry. I’m your host, Jim, and I am thrilled to have you join us for another episode packed with cutting-edge information.
Now, I know you’re constantly bombarded with countless podcasts and resources vying for your attention, but let me give you three compelling reasons why Razorwire should be at the top of your playlist.
Firstly, we have a very special guest today: Paul C Dwyer. Paul is a leading expert in the field and will be sharing his expertise on DORA, the Digital Operational Resilience Act. He’ll be diving deep into the testing requirements outlined in DORA, for organisations of different sizes. This is crucial information for staying ahead of the game and ensuring your organisation is resilient in the face of cyber threats.
Secondly, we will shed light on the presence of “snake oil” salespeople in the security industry and the importance of credible expertise. With the ever-increasing complexity of cybersecurity, it’s essential to navigate through the noise and rely on trustworthy guidance to meet DORA requirements effectively.
And last but not least, Paul tells us about his own academy called DORA Training EU, offering non-technical, business-led training courses aligned with EU strategy. He tells us about the highly popular DORA Certified Compliance Specialist course and the bonus module that will equip you with practical implementation knowledge using the NIST cybersecurity framework. This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your skill set and gain a competitive edge in the industry.
So there you have it, cybersecurity professionals! Join us on Razorwire as we delve into the world of DORA, unravel the complexities of compliance, and equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to protect your organisation from data breaches and attacks. Get ready for an enlightening episode filled with actionable insights.
“There needs to be a mindset change when it comes to this digital society and digital economy that we operate in. Cybersecurity and cyber risk management is an investment, not a cost.”
Paul C Dwyer
Listen to this episode on your favourite podcasting platform: https://razorwire.captivate.fm/listen
In this episode, we covered the following topics:
- DORA testing requirements: Discussion on the testing requirements outlined in DORA for financial organisations.
- Differences for small organisations: How do the testing requirements differ for small organisations compared to larger ones?
- Importance of Resilience: Emphasis on the importance of resilience and the ability to identify and respond to data breaches and attacks.
- Opportunity for Improvement: What opportunities does DORA presents for the financial sector to improve and become more efficient?
- Beware of “Snake Oil” Salespeople: Warning about the presence of unreliable salespeople in the security industry and the need for credible expertise.
- Training Courses for DORA Compliance: Discussion on the training courses available, including the DORA Certified Compliance Specialist course.
- Online Delivery and Constant Updates: An explanation of how the training courses are delivered online and the importance of staying up to date.
- Leveraging the Cybersecurity Industry: Emphasising the importance of leveraging the expertise of the cybersecurity industry appropriately.
- Compliance is not Just Regulation: Discussion on how compliance is about protecting the business and its customers, not just meeting regulations.
Paul C Dwyer
Paul C Dwyer stands among the world’s leading cybersecurity, risk, and compliance authorities. As CEO of Cyber Risk International, he excels in corporate and enterprise security, crafting cyber defence programmes, and safeguarding business operations for clients. He also serves as the founder and President of the ICTTF International Cyber Threat Task Force, leading a community of over 30,000 professionals in their mission to combat cyber threats and promote industry diversity.
Other episodes you’ll enjoy
Trust & Culture as Cornerstones of Cyber Security with Paul Dwyer
A Snapshot in Time: Why Penetration Testing Is Critical for Cyber Security
Connect with your host James Rees
Hello, I am James Rees, the host of the Razorwire podcast. This podcast brings you insights from leading cyber security professionals who dedicate their careers to making a hacker’s life that much more difficult.
Our guests bring you experience and expertise from a range of disciplines and from different career stages. We give you various viewpoints for improving your cyber security – from seasoned professionals with years of experience, triumphs and lessons learned under their belt, to those in relatively early stages of their careers offering fresh eyes and new insights.
With new episodes every other Wednesday, Razorwire is a podcast for cyber security enthusiasts and professionals providing insights, news and fresh ideas on protecting your organisation from hackers.
For more information about us or if you have any questions you would like us to discuss email email@example.com.
If you need consultation, visit www.razorthorn.com, We give our clients a personalised, integrated approach to information security, driven by our belief in quality and discretion.
Linkedin: Razorthorn Security
Youtube: Razorthorn Security
Loved this episode? Leave us a review and rating here