Defence In Depth: Strengthening Your Cyber Security Strategy
Welcome back to the show! In this episode of the Razorwire podcast, I have the pleasure of discussing defence in depth with Razorthorn’s own illustrious consultants, Jamie Hayward and Tom Mills. During our conversation, we talked about the increasing number of tools and solutions available, the perils of ‘reactive’ budget allocation, as well as the changes we’re seeing in the industry and within our clients’ requirements.
We also highlighted the need for a holistic approach to defence in depth, the importance of cyber threat intelligence, and the growing requirement for continuous security assurance.
Listen to this episode on your favourite podcasting platform: https://razorwire.captivate.fm/listen
In this episode, we covered the following topics:
- The importance of defence in depth for security and the need to layer multiple technologies, processes and people
- The plethora of security tools and solutions available and the importance of balancing these with processes and people for effective security.
- The disparity between investment in cyber security and the cost of cybercrime to the world’s economy.
- The need for a proactive approach to cyber security budgets and the real cost of cybercrime
- The complexities and considerations of cyber warfare, including the lack of policies and procedures to protect international organisations and entities.
- The requirement for continuous scanning and testing, and the importance of being aware of vulnerabilities and threats as they occur
- The shift towards ongoing security assurance and the requirement for intelligence in frameworks such as ISO 27001, as well as the need for organisations to update and move with the times.
- The role of threat intelligence as the first and last line of defence
- Updating the Defence in Depth model to include a bar of security assurance and intelligence that permeates through all layers
- The issues surrounding supply chain security
Cyber Security Ventures (Magazine)
Centre Of Army Leadership Podcast
CIDER – organisation overseeing risk balance cases for third-party assurance chain in the military
Other episodes you’ll enjoy
Ransomware Sanctions: Exploring the Fallout
Threat Intelligence: Why Awareness is Critical, and Collaboration is Essential
Connect with your host James Rees
Hello, I am James Rees, the host of the Razorwire podcast. This podcast brings you insights from leading cyber security professionals who dedicate their careers to making a hacker’s life that much more difficult.
Our guests bring you experience and expertise from a range of disciplines and from different career stages. We give you various viewpoints for improving your cyber security – from seasoned professionals with years of experience, triumphs and lessons learned under their belt, to those in relatively early stages of their careers offering fresh eyes and new insights.
With new episodes every other Wednesday, Razorwire is a podcast for cyber security enthusiasts and professionals providing insights, news and fresh ideas on protecting your organisation from hackers.
For more information about us or if you have any questions you would like us to discuss email email@example.com.
If you need consultation, visit www.razorthorn.com, We give our clients a personalised, integrated approach to information security, driven by our belief in quality and discretion.
Linkedin: Razorthorn Security
Youtube: Razorthorn Security
Loved this episode? Leave us a review and rating here